Gooooooood morning, Humans!!! Hey, this is not a test, this is a tech roundup. Time to rock it from the Delta to the DMZ.
AI, bots and robots
- FinRL: The first open-source project for financial reinforcement learning
FinRL: The first open-source project for financial reinforcement learning. Please star. 🔥 – GitHub – AI4Finance-Foundation/FinRL: FinRL: The first open-source project for financial reinforcement le…
- BlocklyML visual programming tool for Machine learning and Python
- Flower a Friendly Federated Learning Framework
- FTC sues Intuit for its deceptive TurboTax “free” filing campaign
The Federal Trade Commission is taking action against Intuit Inc., the maker of the popular TurboTax tax filing software, by
- FTC sues Intuit in bid to stop “deceptive” ads that claim TurboTax is free
- The hunt for the M1’s neural engine
How can you tell when software uses the Neural Engine in an M1 series Mac? How much power does it use, and what is Espresso? Mysteries unravelled.
- What Does It Mean to Have a ‘Weird’ Brain in the Age of Neurodiversity?
- Cracking the Neural Code in Humans
- Solar-Powered Robotic Beekeeping
- Reshaping Human Body Types with AI
- Scientists Discover Specific Neurons Involved in Making Memories
- Meta’s A.I. exodus: Top talent quits as lab tries to keep pace with rivals
- Inclusive Coding Bot on GitHub
Blockchain and decentralization
- Your computer is a distributed system
- Their secret for workplace Zen? Landlines and Ethernet cords
- Cryptocurrency doesn’t address the hard parts of financial inclusion
- Lebanese turn to cryptocurrency as economy tanks
- Eth2 Book – A book about Ethereum
- In Defense of Bitcoin Maximalism
Woman computer scientist of the week
Cloud and architecture
- Running Cross-Account Workflows with AWS Step Functions and Amazon API Gateway
- Tao of Node – Design, Architecture and Best Practices
- Operation Jumbo Drop: How sending large packets broke our AWS network
- A magical AWS serverless developer experience
Find out how we build serverless applications at Plain and what makes our developer experience truly magical.
- Lidl has launched a rival to AWS
STACKIT is your perfect partner for complex IT infrastructures and scalable cloud solutions. Our IaaS & PaaS services meet 100% european DSGVO data protection standards! Test the beta version now!
- Zero Trust Architecture doesn’t solve all problems, but partial ZTA solves fewer
- YouTube cancelled my Nextcloud installation how-to
Development and languages
- Programmable Notes
- Python 3.11 in the Web Browser
Compile CPython to Web Assembly, and run it in web browsers or Node.js.
- Fossil: Battery Included Git Alternative
- Andrej Karpathy: TikTok is scary good. It’s digital crack
- Python and Qt Simplified. Create a Python GUI in Minutes
fbs is an Electron alternative that lets you release GUIs with Python and Qt in minutes.
- Wipeout (PSX and Windows Source)
The following is the source code to Wipeout by Psygnosis, a futuristic racing game set in 2052, which ended up as a launch title for the PlayStation in Europ…
- I made an event-driven system to quickly make GUIs with Python and pyimgui
- WebAssembly in my browser desktop environment
For over a year now I’ve been working on daedalOS, my desktop environment in the browser. At the…
- Pre-Allocated Lists in Python
- Proust, digital whateverism, loss of focus and proliferation of content
- Help us collect modern Python NumPy code solutions
2k code solutions with clear explanation @ onelinerhub.com – Issues · Onelinerhub/onelinerhub
- MirageOS 4.0 – Self-managed internet infrastructure with unikernels
- Incident with GitHub Actions
- Rosta Windows
- Static Analysis at GitHub
An experience report.
- The Right Way to Compare Floats in Python
- Emerge Tools (mobile perf platform) is looking for Android performance experts
- Could Hubris and WebAssembly Allow High-Level Hardware Emulation?
- Collaborative programming in remote-first environment
- Spin – WebAssembly Framework
- Markov Chains for programmers
- Two Vexing Problems in Functional Programming
- Critical Gitlab vulnerability lets attackers take over accounts
- gh-dash – GitHub CLI dashboard for pull requests and issues
- Yet Another GitHub Profile Generator
- ReactOS “Open-Source Windows” Manages to Run Some Battlefield Games
Quote of the week
Program testing can be a very effective way to show the presence of bugs, but is hopelessly inadequate for showing their absence.
— Edsger W. Dijkstra
- Nvidia Unveils 144-Core Grace CPU Superchip
- Intel Virtualization and Apple Silicon
- Melbourne hit-and-run blamed on Tesla Autopilot, could set legal precedent
- Tesla’s charging ports use a standard msg to open on 315MHz and can be replayed
- Getting my personal data from Amazon was weeks of confusion and tedium
I asked Amazon to provide the data it had collected on me. The process was a labyrinthine endurance test.
- Black Tesla employees describe a culture of racism: ‘I was at my breaking point’
- Killed by Microsoft
Killed by Microsoft is the open source list of dead Microsoft products, services, and devices. It serves as a tribute and memorial of beloved services and products killed by Microsoft.
- Google cancels Google Play publisher account and ends family’s source of income
- Sorbet: Stripe’s Type Checker for Ruby
- Piece of paper quiets Intel Alder Lake stock coolers
- Today Google is turning on tracking for many users that previously turned it off
Google Workspace admins can no longer deactivate activity tracking for their users, Google says this is helping people.
- OpenBB wants to be an open source challenger to Bloomberg Terminal
- Google terminated our Developer Account, says it is “associated”
Posted in r/androiddev by u/nadalizadeh • 344 points and 185 comments
- Andy Jassy on figuring out what’s next for Amazon
- Earthen Messages: Nikola Tesla in his Laboratory (ca. 1899)
- You can now integrate Google Search on your website
- Twitter user sentenced to 150 hours of community service in UK
- Amazon Workers Vote to Unionize in Stunning Win for Organized Labor
- Google Search results are below the fold
- Neovim to Add Telemetry Reporting via Google
- The SHA-256 Project: learn how hash functions work by implementing one yourself
developed for NYU Tandon’s Applied Cryptography course – GitHub – oconnor663/sha256_project: developed for NYU Tandon’s Applied Cryptography course
- Italian scientists hacked pizza physics to make dough without yeast
- Axial-Flux Motor with a PCB Stator Is Ripe for an Electrified World
It saves weight, energy, and space
- Okta: “We made a mistake” delaying the Lapsus$ hack disclosure
- Firefox UI/UX History
🦊 I respect proton UI and aim to improve it. Contribute to black7375/Firefox-UI-Fix development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Bubblewrap: Unprivileged sandboxing tool for Linux
Unprivileged sandboxing tool. Contribute to containers/bubblewrap development by creating an account on GitHub.
- He Teaches Police “Witching” to Find Corpses. Experts Are Alarmed
- What I learned from running a concierge search engine
- The Unsung Women of the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens
- Linux: Vulnerabilities in nf_tables cause privilege escalation, information leak
- Hackers Gaining Power of Subpoena via Fake “Emergency Data Requests”
There is a terrifying and highly effective «method» that criminal hackers are now using to harvest sensitive customer data from Internet service providers, phone companies and social media firms. It involves compromising email accounts and websites tied to police departments…
- Lapsus$ and SolarWinds hackers both use the same old trick to bypass MFA
- It is correct to refer to GNU/Linux as GNU/Linux
- German State Malware Company FinFisher Is Bankrupt
- Putin’s hackers gained full access to Hungary’s foreign ministry networks
- What do new Sudoku techniques teach us about real-world problem solving?
- Indirect branch tracking in Linux for Intel CPUs
- Focus on Covid racial disparities reduced White US resident precaution support
- Pens and Tablets for Linux
Wacom devices are being adopted in many Linux enterprise environments beyond the creative industry. Finance, banking, medical, and public sectors are commonly adopting Linux solutions with pen-based workflows.
- Hackers Leak Lichess Source Code
All our inner workings exposed!
- A Linux security fix briefly breaks DMA
- Using foot pedals for modifier keys in Linux
- Linux-Xlnx – The official Linux kernel from Xilinx